The Stock -> Serial numbers section contains a list of all serial numbers of all parts.
This page allows:
- Searching and filtering the serial numbers,
- accessing serial number details,
- seeing each serial numbered part's history,
- seeing each serial numbered part's status,
- seeing the customer information who this item was shipped to,
- editing custom fields defined for serial numbers.
- Tips and tricks.
- How to save serial numbers to parts?
- What do the serial numbers statuses indicate?
- How to record serial numbers when receiving purchase orders?
- How to record serial numbers in manufacturing - for parts and products?
- How to write off serial numbered items?
- How to transfer serial numbered items to another warehouse?
- How to ship serial numbered items to customers?
- How to accept customer returns of serial numbered products?
- Click Choose columns to choose which columns to display.
- Drag the columns to rearrange them.
- Check the rows and click Bulk editing to edit these rows in bulk.
- Click Reports Reports for seeing the serial number's reports.
- The report can be searched and filtered(see Usage tips for wildcards).
- The Stock -> Serial numbers is available if the Serial Numbers functionality is enabled.
- Read: How to record serial numbers of purchased items?
- Read: How to record serial numbers in Manufacturing Orders?
- Serial numbers can be also manually entered or edited at each stock lot's details, at Stock -> Stock lots when manually adding a new lot, or after a lot has been created.
The serial number statuses are updated automatically according to how these items are handled. The statuses are:
- Planned - when the item has not been received yet. The stock lot is in status Planned;
- Received - when the item is in stock. The stock lot is in status Received;
- Consumed - when the item is consumed in manufacturing;
- Shipped - when the item is shipped to the customer. Read: How to track shipped serial numbers?;
- Written off - when the item is manually written off in Stock -> Write-offs
- Rejected - when the item has failed quality control or RMA inspection. The stock lot status is Rejected. Available, if the Quality Control or Return Merchandise Authorization (RMA) functionality is enabled.
- Returned - when the item has been returned from a customer. The stock lot status is RMA returned. Available, if the Return Merchandise Authorization (RMA) functionality is enabled.